Korea Astronomy and Space Science Institute (KASI) is pleased to invite the observation proposal using MIRIS (Multi-purpose InfraRed Imaging System), the main payload of Korea Science & Technology Satellite-3 (STSAT-3). The STSAT-3 was launched November 2013, and MIRIS has been carrying out the main missions:
- Wide band (1.1 μm and 1.6 μm) observations of the wide fields (about 10°×10°) toward the north ecliptic and north and south galactic poles for the cosmic infrared background studies; and
- Paα emission survey along the Galactic plane within the galactic latitude of ±3°.
MIRIS is optimized for the near-infrared wide-band observations of background or diffuse sources and for the Paα emission line observations. In the case of a proposal for point sources, please check whether the targets are bright and isolated enough not to be confused with other sources considering that the resolution of MIRIS is 52 arcseconds.
- Any researcher or research group interested in the observations with MIRIS can submit a proposal.
- Submission deadline: 5 June 2015
- Submission: Dr. Junghyun Pyo (firstname.lastname@example.org), KASI
- Observation period: From 1 July to 30 Nov. 2015 (The period is liable to change depending on satellite operation by SaTReC, the responsible institution for satellite management.)
- Limit of number of observations: 30 times (One observation can obtain an image of about 3.7°×3.7° area with a single filter. If more number of observations are required, please discuss details with contact point before submit a proposal.)
- Before submitting a proposal, please check whether the targets were not already observed by MIRIS and are visible with MIRIS using the tools in For Observers page.
- The proposal should be prepared in MS Word format and contain the
- PI and Co-PIs with affiliation of each person
- Purpose of observation(s) and scientific justification
- Required sensitivity and area
- List of observation target(s) (name and coordinates of each target)
- The decision of acceptance will be made by the proposal review committee. Researches collaborating with Space Astronomy Group in KASI are recommended.
- Contact point: Dr. Wonyong Han, MIRIS Project PI, KASI (email@example.com, 010-3457-3219)